Translate

Monday, April 23, 2012

More about SYMBOLS!! A small look into the Unknown!

First off...Sorry if my profile picture seems offensive to some, I know it has some meaning for others, but it has a different meaning altogether for me! I do know what it means! As I told you all before, I have been studying symbols for a few years now!

This is a long read so if you get tired of reading easily, you may as well go somewhere else on the WWW! ;-) lol

Now on to MY TOPIC!

Sometimes I get these impressions within my minds eye. It's kind of hard to explain, but I will do my best to. They aren't really like pictures, as they seem more like outlines, like a stamp. So when I noticed this, I started my research on symbols just for the heck of it to see where it got me. Well after that it became an obsession, because TRUTHFULLY...They turned out to be more than just a silly check just for the heck of it!

These symbols I started researching, became a reality, it wasn't something I had created on my own. I started seeing them more and more, the more I learned..The more I seen and found. It's hard sharing this with others because I know what they must be thinking...Seriously though..I would have thought the same things, if I had not been the one it was happening to!

I have learned a lot about myself, religions of the world, symbols of the world, the word Iconography (lol), and so much more! I learned that there are SO MANY RELIGIONS out there, that you can't even count them, unless you're a computer! I'm not religious, I don't follow any of religions...But I do believe in God..You have to name God something right? Well, I believe! If not from all my different and strange/odd experiences in life, I probably wouldn't!

That's how I got started on my searches and obsessions and I am going through my pages, in order to gather them all together, I am looking for all my notes so I can share some of them here with you all!

I hope you all have a great night and here are a few things for you!

I'd like to share a few links, for your brains to learn more on your own. If you have any questions at all ASK ME ANYTHING! I am not afraid to give my honest advice, opinions or help in general! Please if you have personal questions, I ask that you try to keep them specific and to a minimum!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Symbols!

All I want to say is, search engines and books, are the best way to start a search to learn more about symbols/Iconography/pictographs, etc. Also..You can learn some great stuff from ebooks as well!

HERE: A great place to find ebooks for free and at a cost! *I also placed a button on the right sidebar, if you should come back and this post is buried!*
Post this to Scribd

Here are a few links as well!
http://www.symbols.com/  - is okay, but it can be a bit aggravating to wrap your head around so much, and some of the symbols are all mixed up into different categories...which doesn't help the aggravation. But you should check every means, if you are serious about learning more about symbols, symbolism and the like. I think I was more aggravated because I was looking for specifics on my mind impressions!

Google search - Great place to go if you are looking for certain symbols to help narrow it down.

http://worldsymbols.blogspot.ca/ - to find all the symbols here just look through the blog archives! I looked through these and I believe it is mainly religious and cultural symbolism. (BTW I put mine at the top right side bar if anyone is interested in my other blog posts!)

Iconography search on google images!

Two links at about.com
There was a better one I had found about a year ago, but I can't find it anymore, but these two are okay! Plus you can learn a lot at this site as well!
1- Symbolism
2- Symbolism


Here is a fun one for you face book lovers!

And here are some great books I found enlightening and full of great information!











No comments:

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT

Protected by Copyscape Original Content Checker