Translate

Friday, March 6, 2015

A symbolic dream

I had a dream the other night...


I was a man, walking down a deserted old country road. It was winter time and the road didn't have any homes, nor lights. I do remember that it was a full moon, because I noticed how the moon lit up the road, and that the ice glistened on parts of the road, that had once melted in the sunlight on a warm winters day. The shadows cast from the moon; glowed blue, on parts of the snow, as the light from the moon hit it just right. It was beautiful really....

I walked, and walk, for what seemed for hours. Hours and hours, although it was just a dream it seemed so long, within my subconscious mind. I heard small sounds of crackling from the old trees gently moving in the cold. It's funny, the smallest of things can be noticed. 

Suddenly I heard a vehicle off in the distance, ahead of me up the road. I began to see headlights. I couldn't make out quite what it was. "What is that?" I asked under my breath but, loud enough I could hear myself. 

As it approached; I squinted a little, to see what it was. Just than I remembered I was wearing all black and had a shiny light reflector attached to an old key chain. I quickly pulled it out and pointed it towards the light source and waved it around a few times. I was hoping they would notice and not drive too fast and run me over. I was started to make out the frame of a car, it slowed down. 

As the car came closer and slower I was starting to notice something familiar and that I knew the driver. I looked in the drivers side window and was about to talk and they were about to say something too....


But than I awoke! So I wake up, confused, stunned, and wondering what could have woke me up so suddenly. No alarm was on at the time. I wasn't too hot, nor too cold. I just woke up.

My take on this dream? 

Maybe I feel like I am wandering aimlessly, maybe I'm feeling a little lost in life and not sure where to start or go right now. Maybe the person I felt familiar with as a driver, is someone I feel I need to ask for help? 

When I try to understand a dream, weather it is mine or someone else's I also try to get every detail that stands out most. Everything that is noticed, if there is a question asked in the dream or even about the dream I try my best to dig as deep as I can into the dream to try to bring it out in the open for the conscious mind to understand and relate to.

Please check my other blog posts for my symbolic related views, and other random posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

COPYRIGHT

Protected by Copyscape Original Content Checker